Fly and Raft Ocean Rafting Whitsunday Islands
Undoubtedly the best way to experience the Whitsundays in one day. The Ocean Rafting Fly and Raft package is made up of a 1-hour Scenic Flight combined with a day of Ocean Rafting. Experience Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet, Snorkelling locations and Heart Reef all in 1 Day.
Firstly, you will start off your morning by taking off from the exclusive Whitsunday Airport for your Scenic Flight. Take in the majestic Heart Reef nestled within Hardy Reef. With the seemingly endless azure blue waters, you will soar over the beautiful Whitsunday Islands scattered amongst sparkling blue seas. In contrast, you can take in the expanse of the shimmering white sands of Whitehaven Beach. Not to mention catching sight of the magical shifting and swirling sands of Hill Inlet!
In fact, the small fixed-wing aircraft you will travel in, guarantees you to have window seats for your flight. This one hour flight around the Whitsunday Islands with pilot commentary will have you falling in love with the Whitsundays.
Secondly, after experiencing your bird’s eye view of the Whitsundays, you will then join your amazing guide on the Ocean Raft. Following your departure, the rest of your day will be spent zooming along the tropical waters to reach your destinations.
Following a quick ride to Whitsunday Island, you will get to experience the expanse of Whitehaven Beach and it’s shimmering white silica rich sands. Take a dip in the crystal clear azure waters, or walk the seemingly endless sands. During your visit to the beach, you will have access to a delicious tropical lunch that you can enjoy directly on the beach.
At last, it is time to zoom across to Hill Inlet to take in the everchanging swirling sands. In fact, this has to be one of the spectacles of your day. In addition to experiencing the everchanging beach where the patterns change from day to day, you will also get that Instagram worthy photo!
Last but not least, it is time to find the perfect location for a spot of Snorkelling. Unlike other vessels, the rafts can get quite close to the Reef making it easy to get in and out of the raft. Immerse yourself in this amazing natural landscape. Not only will you spot Turtles gracefully swimming around, but you will bear witness to a range of fish darting around the hundreds of beautiful soft and hard corals.
There are two separate Itineraries to choose from for your Fly and Raft Tour. You can select either the Northern Exposure or the Southern Lights. All you need to decide on is what you would like to see more of – Whitehaven Beach or Snorkelling the Reef!
What will I see on my Fly and Raft Tour?
- 1 Hour Scenic Flight in a Fixed-Wing aircraft
- Spend up to 2 hours on Whitehaven Beach
- Swirling Sands of Hill Inlet
- National Park Guided Walk to Hill Inlet Lookout
- Jet past the Whitsunday Islands
What will I do on my Fly and Raft Tour?
- Pickup from your Accommodation between 6:10 am – 6:45 am (Northern Exposure) or 7:40 – 8:00 am (Southern Itinerary). Alternatively, you can make your own way to the Whitsunday Airport (Shute Harbour Road).
- After a quick briefing, you will take to the skies on your 1 Hour Scenic Flight at 7:00 am (Northern Exposure) or 8:30 am (Southern Lights). Witness Heart Reef, Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet and the Whitsunday Islands.
- After you return from your flight, you will be transferred to the Ocean Rafting Check-In Office for another quick briefing before joining your Guide on your Raft.
- Depart on your Raft at 8:45 am (Northern Exposure) or at 10:00 am (Southern Lights)
- During your day, you will visit Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet, Hill Inlet Lookout and 1 or 2 Snorkelling locations.
- At last, it’s time to return back to Airlie Beach, where you will arrive back to port at 3:30 pm (Northern Exposure) or 4:30 pm (Southern Lights).
What is included on my Fly and Raft Tour?
- 60minute fly over reef and islands
- Raft tour to Whitehaven Beach and Hill Inlet
- Guided National Park walks
- Inner fringing coral reef snorkelling
- Personalised snorkel instruction
- Use of snorkel equipment and flotation devices
- Sunsuit/wetsuit during stinger season
- Reef and island naturalist talks
- Courtesy bus transfers
What is not included on my Fly and Raft Tour?
- Tropical lunch pack $20pp
- Prescription Mask Hire
- Soft Drinks/Juice
What to bring
What will I need to bring?
- A beach bag with a towel, hat and shoes.
- A jacket during winter to protect you from wind and for warmth after snorkelling.
- Cameras in a waterproof case
- Cash for water, soft drinks, fruit juices and chocolates for sale on board.
- Everything you need for the day as you will not return to your accommodation between tours.
Anything else I need to know about my Fly and Raft Tour?
Return bus transfers are included in your tour from your Airlie Beach, Cannonvale or Jubilee Pocket accommodation. Please advise the name and location of your accommodation and we will get straight back to you with your pickup time.
For the scenic flight, we will require all passenger names and body weights. For legal and safety reasons all passengers are weighed prior to boarding. Maximum per seat weight is 125kgs.
Queensland Public Holidays: The Queensland Public Holidays days incur a public holiday surcharge of $20 per adult, $10 per child, and $50 per family (2ad and 2ch) on the Northern Exposure, Southern Lights, Fly Raft package and charters. These are payable on check-in